Today is a great day! Last night, I completed the first day of workout one to C25K and I'm one step closer to running a 5K. I slept really well and feel great, which is a huge bonus considering my treadmill jog and 20 minutes of circuit training at our new gym. And I've lost 21 pounds since I started my weight loss three months ago. To celebrate I'm having a delicious bowl of hot oatmeal inspired by the goddess of oatmeal KERF at Kath Eats Real Food. Check out her tribute to oatmeal while I enjoy mine!
My bowl of scrumptious oats:
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 banana, sliced
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. ground flax
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
In a hot saucepan, on medium high heat, add the first four ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a low boil. Stir again when the oatmeal starts boiling. Leave the oatmeal for about five minutes to simmer. Stir for about five minutes, breaking up the banana. Keep stirring until the oatmeal starts pulling away from the pan and is very thick. Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla, cinnamon and ground flax. Stir to combine. Top with blueberries, a spoonful of almond butter and drizzle of maple syrup.
I love, love, LOVE this bowl of oats. I keep my calories down by not adding lots of additional toppings like granola, nuts, additional fruit etc. But if you're not worried about calories add-on any thing that makes your tummy sing. My tummy is happy right now. Off to Costco, a St. Patrick's Day party and meeting up with friends later this evening.
Serves One. 409 Calories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Kelly!!! Great blog. I'm trying the oatmeal recipe tomorrow morning before my run. Keep up the great work! Healthy folks live long healthy lives!!
ReplyDeleteTroy L.
Thanks Troy! I didn't know you were a runner! That's great! I love my oatmeal! I hope you love it too!
ReplyDelete