Friday, March 25, 2011

Downward doggin'

It's been raining all week in the Bay Area and I'm over it. I love rain and grew up running around stomping puddles but we don't play in the rain in Northern California. Rain is winter weather and it's cold, wet and just no fun!

Last night I went to another yoga class at my gym and thankfully it was more my style. I was downward doggin' all over the place, without struggling. A huge accomplishment for me!! However, I was late and the class was full so I had to take a front row position in the corner. The yogis were standing in rows, facing the wall of mirrors, so I had to take the corner. The mirror was to my right, so I was perpendicular to the rows of yogis. Anyway, I was doing a new pose and at the teacher's instruction, I turned towards the teacher as the whole class turned towards me. I was backwards! Of course the class is holding their positions and looking at the fat 45 year old who obviously didn't have a clue. I slowly turned around hoping not to be so noticed. It was hilarious! 

This morning I didn't have a clue what I was eating for lunch so I threw together this salad. A mix of lots of ingredients: spring lettuce mix, grape tomatoes, feta, pesto, steamed broccoli and leftover roasted sweet potatoes with caramelized onions.
Spring lettuce mix, broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes.
I like to use a very small amount of a very pungent ingredient to give my salad lots of flavor for very little calories. Here I used one ounce of feta cheese and one teaspoon of basil pesto to really punch up the flavor. The roasted sweet potatoes and caramelized onions were a great added flavor as well. It was delicious!

Notice the Starbucks cup in the corner of the picture. That's hot tea not coffee. I no longer drink coffee because I like my milk with my coffee. I've tried for years to find a low-calorie substitute to my half and half and have never been satisfied. So, I've given up coffee for hot tea with no milk. More about tea in another post!

C25K training tonight! Beginning Week Two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment