Yesterday was a very busy day. I took the day off and ran errands. Our 10 year old cat, Mojo-BoBo, had to go to the vet and have his teeth examined. Unfortunately, today he had surgery to remove most all of them. He had terrible gum disease. Last year, at his regular check-up, the vet told us he needed his teeth cleaned. I didn't get the red flag stating that if we didn't have them cleaned he would lose them all. Needless to say, I am not a happy Mama today.
I completed by Week One, Day Three C25K training run. It was a hard one. I kept looking at my C25K app praying it was going to say "cool down" and it never did. At least that's what it felt like at those moments. My mantra in my head, "Keep going girl, keep going!"
I've decided to take the advice of every exercise website and see my doctor to make sure I'm healthy enough to be behaving like this. That's this weekend. I also updated my prescription for Abuterol, my inhaler for asthma. It's time to take this stuff seriously.
I've been craving a sandwich. So after much thought, I decided I wanted a California sandwich. The first time I had one of these delicious sandwiches was the first time I lived in California, back in 1983. It's the first time I had sprouts and avocado. I had two dilemmas though; bread and mayonnaise. Both can be unhealthy and high in calories. So, I picked a delicious, high fiber wheat bread (one slice) and drastically reduced the mayonnaise serving. And, I'm happy to announce, I was amazingly satisfied and so was my tummy.
![]() |
| California LOVIN' |
This sandwich included:
One slice, thick wheat bread
1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. mayonnaise
3 ozs. turkey
3 slices, hot house cucumber
small handful sprouts
1/2 small avocado
salt and pepper to taste
Serves One. 340 Calories
There are lots of variations. Tomatoes would be lovely. Leave off the turkey and add mushrooms for a delicious vegetarian sandwich. I had RiceWorks chips and slices of cucumber with my sandwich. The crunch was perfect!
Mojo is out of surgery and recovering well. He'll be back to his old self soon. Time to have a serious conversation with my vet. Tonight, Chipotle for dinner!
Serves One. 340 Calories
There are lots of variations. Tomatoes would be lovely. Leave off the turkey and add mushrooms for a delicious vegetarian sandwich. I had RiceWorks chips and slices of cucumber with my sandwich. The crunch was perfect!
Mojo is out of surgery and recovering well. He'll be back to his old self soon. Time to have a serious conversation with my vet. Tonight, Chipotle for dinner!

That photo is good enough to eat all by it's own self!
ReplyDeleteIt was deliciouso!
ReplyDelete