Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hangin' Low On The Blue

What a busy day! We had a full day of volleyball watching plus grocery shopping, laundry and dishes. Top that off with a very late night last night. We paid homage to the Irish, respectfully! In other words, we partied late into the night and I'm still feeling it. 

There's a track at the community college where this volleyball tournament was held so I had already planned to be out there training to be a jogger but I didn't know that I would be hungover. So when I woke up this morning it was the first thing in my head, besides a raging headache. I said to myself, "You will train today!" Like my Daddy always says, "You play. You pay!" That means, get your butt on the track Girl, no matter how low you're hangin'! So I did!

Blue Track
Isn't it a beautiful blue? I've never seen a track this color. I've spent a lot of time at high school tracks watching my Dad run while visiting him in Louisiana as a child. I feel at home on a track because of those memories. Before his knees went bad, my Dad ran everyday. My half-brother just ran the New York City marathon and my cousin just finished her first marathon. So, I've got running in my blood.

Our meals were healthy but out of the house today. For breakfast, we ran out the door and grabbed a low-calorie egg muffin with turkey bacon from Starbucks for 300ish calories. We munched on apples, carrots, celery, and grape tomatoes while at the tournament. For dinner we ate at our favorite fast-food, healthy, cheap and delicious Chipotle. I splurged and got steak instead of chicken with my burrito bowl, all for 600ish 700ish calories. After three months of calorie counting, I kinda take a little break from it on the weekends, hence calories-ish. I need to know intuitively what a healthy portion is and the weekend is when I teach myself. 

Time for the couch, TV, decaf green tea, slippers and a blankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment