I've discovered a new love! A new passion in my life that keeps me happy and full every morning! Overnight oats or muesli or heaven in a bowl or plastic covered container. I tribute this new found love to one of my favorite healthy eating bloggers KERF at katheats.com. She has a whole page dedicated to oatmeal. Here's my favorite overnight oats:
Overnight Oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, or to taste
1 packet Equal
pinch of salt
half a small banana, sliced
1/3 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
1/3 c. almond milk
1/8 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. almond butter
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a container of your choice. I use a container with a lid so I can pack it up, take it to work and eat at the office. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the almond butter, and mix well with the dry ingredients. I "chop" up the slices of banana while I mix everything together. Top with a tablespoon of almond butter. Cover your container and put it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, you'll have a bowl of healthy, satisfying and really delicious cold oatmeal. This breakfast takes me to lunch or damn near to it.
![]() |
| All the goodness before mixed together. |
There are tons of variations to this recipe. I use almond milk because I'm lactose intolerant and can't have a lot of dairy. I love Greek yogurt (Fage 0%) but you could use any low-sugar and low fat yogurt, flavored or unflavored. Top with brown sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup.
I know it doesn't look like much but I promise you, if you like oatmeal you'll love overnight oats.
Serves One. 292 Calories.
Serves One. 292 Calories.



I would so eat that, if I could eat that. :( I first read the calorie count as 1,292 and well.. I confuse easily.
ReplyDeleteGood Job, K!
looking forward to your progress and to new recipes. keep up the good work .
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy for leaving a comment!! I'm looking for some healthy Italian meals! Any suggestions?
ReplyDelete