Well first let me say that I've made it through some very sore days this week. The best part of the C25K training is that you run three days out of the week. The rest of the week is used for cross-training with a couple of days off, if you choose. Man, did I choose to take it easy last night. Tonight I went to a beginner's yoga class and it felt so amazing to stretch my body in places I didn't know could stretch. I've also discovered that the left side of my body is completely retarded and will not stretch. When I move my left leg into any kind of position it just stays there, no matter how hard I try and get it to move it into position, it will not go. However, my mouth moved all over these Delicioso Fish Tacos:
| Succulent broiled Cod with fresh veggies. |
1 small white corn tortilla
1 oz. cod, broiled, or any meaty fish
shredded cabbage
1/2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream (Naturally Yours)
1/2 tbsp. salsa
chopped cilantro
lime, fresh squeeze
For the corn tortilla, brush with canola oil and lay into a very hot skillet. Brown and warm on each side. Lay between two clean and dry dish towels to keep warm.
I used cod for these tacos. Sprinkle the fillets of fish with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Top with a very small amount of oil and rub each side of each fillet with your hands. Place the fillets on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Place under the broiler until the fish is flaky, about 10 minutes. Don't overcook.
Assemble each taco by placing one ounce of fish on a warmed tortilla. Top with a squeeze of lime to taste, shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, sour cream and salsa. I intended to serve these tacos with avocado but forgot. It would have been delicious with the avocado but I was very pleased anyway. The calories for one taco is amazing. I had four tacos and stayed well under 400 calories for dinner. Anything under 500 calories for dinner is outstanding.
Serves One. 87 Calories.
Take the corn tortilla out of the equation completely and have a fish taco wrapped in butter or red leaf lettuce.
| A healthier Fish Taco with healthy Avocado. |
Lettuce Wrapped Fish Tacos
1 leaf lettuce
1 slice avocado
1 ounce baked cod
squeeze of lime
Serves One. 70 Calories.
Avocado is one of my most favorite healthy additions to any sandwich, taco or salad because it adds a lot of flavor and mouth feel without adding unhealthy fat. It is high in calories but they are good calories and I'm all about good calories.
Back to C25K training tomorrow. I'm beginning week three and looking forward to feeling better. I learned this week during week two of training not to eat a lot before running. I usually have dinner and then go for a jog but I don't think it's helping me. In fact, it feels like it's weighing me down. So no meals, just a snack before a run.
Serves One. 70 Calories.
Avocado is one of my most favorite healthy additions to any sandwich, taco or salad because it adds a lot of flavor and mouth feel without adding unhealthy fat. It is high in calories but they are good calories and I'm all about good calories.
Back to C25K training tomorrow. I'm beginning week three and looking forward to feeling better. I learned this week during week two of training not to eat a lot before running. I usually have dinner and then go for a jog but I don't think it's helping me. In fact, it feels like it's weighing me down. So no meals, just a snack before a run.
The second recipe would work for low carb. Of course, I would slather it in full fat sour cream, and maybe some M Jack. Whatcha think?
ReplyDeleteSour cream, yes! Cheese, no!
ReplyDelete